Healthcare & FDA lawyer Michael H Cohen speaks on MHealth & Wearable Health Technology: Will FDA Legal Compliance Stymie or Promote Innovation, at the Health Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
The Health Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association will present a program relating to mobile health (“mHealth”) technology development and start-up businesses on May 12th at ROC in Santa Monica.
The mHealth program will be moderated by Diana Gesshel, JD, MBA, who will guide the following panelists through a legal hypo pertaining to the development of a mHealth business.
Panelists and presentations include:
- Michael H. Cohen, Founder & President of Michael H. Cohen Law Group will address FDA issues
- Robert A. Polisky, Principal of Law Offices of Robert A. Polisky will address health information privacy and security issues
- Michael Umansky, Partner and Chair of Emerging Growth/Venture Capital team of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, and Hampton will address corporate start-up and funding issues
- Daniel N. Yannuzzi, Partner and former Co-Chair of the Intellectual Property Practice Group of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, and Hampton will address intellectual property issues
- Nick Desai, Founder & CEO of Heal (http://getheal.com/)will provide anecdotes, lessons learned, and insights relating to the aforementioned legal issues
- Wearable Health Technology: Health Care Dream or Privacy Nightmare
- Mobile Medical App (M-Health) and Wearable Health Tech Legal Issues
- How to Resolve Wearable Tech Legal and Regulatory Issues Without Wearing Out Your Legal Budget
- Does Wearable Tech Give Away Your Quantifiable Self? FDA Medical Device, HIPAA Privacy and Security, and Legal Issues Over Who Owns Your Data
- The Future of Medicine: From Physical to Online to Mobile to Wearable to Implantable
Soon you won’t be visiting your doctor. Instead, you’ll:
- Greet your doctor on-screen (telemedicine; mHealth)
- Wear your doctor (wearable health tech)
- Digest your doctor (digestible medicine)
- Think to your doctor (implantable health)
The future is rushing toward us whether we want it to or not. Call it exponential, the Singularity, accelerating, Moore’s law in action, history, destiny, the quantifiable self, nano-reality, is simply the way the strings are vibrating in this particular timeline, the three trillion dollar health and wellness industry is poised for a massive change.
It’s a strange, wild ride – and our lives are evolving along with it.
Companies in the health and wellness space need good legal counsel and strategy to keep up with the changes — and we consumers need to be informed and mentally prepared. Impossible is possible.
As Alice in Wonderland put it: “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”