Management Services Organizations (MSO) Issues
Our healthcare lawyers advise Management Services Organizations (MSOs) on legal issues affecting MSOs and the way they work with medical practices and healthcare practices.
We understand the depth and breadth of the MSO model and how the MSO can be used to help our healthcare clients mitigate risks of corporate practice of medicine, fee-splitting and anti-kickback liability, and other regulatory hazards.
Our legal services include:
- Advising on the legal structure and on mitigating risk of Corporate Practice of Medicine and Fee-Splitting
- Drafting the Agreement between the MSO and the Professional Medical Corporation
- Forming the MSO (either as a general business corporation or LLC)
- Giving counsel on advertising and marketing for the MSO and/or the clinical practice
- Reviewing or drafting the sublease between the MSO and the medical or other clinical practice.
- Reviewing laws and regulations relevant to the structure of the overall venture and advising on compliance obligations
- Reviewing and advising on FDA mobile medical app issues, if triggered by an app developed by the MSO.
See our longer article on how we provide legal services to MANAGEMENT SERVICES ORGANIZATIONS (MSOs).
Can a medical management company or MSO control physicians given corporate of medicine concerns, especially in a strong corporate practice of medicine state? Whether the MSO can control […]
If you have a medical management company (MSO), you might be wondering, can your MSO brand itself with the same name as the medical clinic, and even license the name to the physician that owns […]
As telemedicine has exploded into many forms – tele-dermatology, tele-gerontology, tele-counseling, tele-psychiatry, and other areas of medicine and healthcare – we’re also seeing […]
This is a story about how Harry, a healthcare entrepreneur, worked through a proposed arrangement that was raising Stark and Anti-Kickback issues.
MSO Gets Light Enforcement Touch by California Appellate Court Reviewing Management Services Agreement Legal Issues
MSOs (medical services organizations), or physician management and marketing companies, routinely come to us for legal advice about how to create and run an MSO profitably, in a compliant way, […]
Growing Pains in Your Healthcare Practice or Healthcare Venture? We’ve had many clinical practices and healthcare ventures come to us asking how to mitigate risk of anti-kickback and […]