Remote Attorney Job (Healthcare Law) (Work from Home)
Our Healthcare and FDA Firm is seeking a Healthcare Attorney with 5+ years’ experience in healthcare, regulatory and corporate law, to work from home on a remote (virtual) basis for our Firm.
Our innovative team provides cutting-edge legal strategies and solutions to businesses that accelerate health and wellness.
We are small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer professional growth opportunities. We attract and retain the best healthcare, FDA & business lawyers for our remote, virtual legal team. We create a supportive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. We believe the multi-trillion-dollar health and wellness industry will continue to expand and require intelligent and savvy navigators who can counsel clients through the legal and regulatory waters.
If the following describes you, then YOU may be the Superstar we’re looking for:
- Provides unparalleled, value-add advice/service to clients
- Amplifies client confidence, trust, and happiness with you and the Firm
- Experienced in healthcare law, healthcare compliance, and FDA/FTC law
- Strategic Thinker
- Exceptional Communication Skills – verbal, written and active listener
- Able to work from home in a remote or virtual capacity
- Researching and analyzing complex legal issues relating to healthcare, FDA law, employment law or general corporate law.
- Writing analytical memos for the Firm’s clients on topics such as: fraud and abuse, including Stark, anti-kickback and fee-splitting; corporate practice of medicine; regulation of dietary supplements, cosmetics, medical devices, and OTC drugs; and various legal structures for healthcare ventures.
- Assessing legal risks and discussing legal strategy and solutions with clients.
- Preparing healthcare compliance documents.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of healthcare-law contracts.
Skills and Experience
- Member of the Bar in which presently residing, and preferably also California.
- 5+ years of legal practice experience with substantive mastery of either Healthcare law or FDA & FTC law.
- Record of superior academic and professional achievement and commitment to excellence.
- Ideally, also a portable book of client business and, business development skills.
Compensation and Benefits
The Senior Healthcare Attorney may start as a part-time independent contractor, with an opportunity to become a full-time employee. Our Firm offers a 401(k) Plan to employees after specified service requirements are met. We are flexible and also open to part-time Of Counsel relationships with the right candidates as an alternative path. At present the Attorney job is entirely remote, virtual, work from home.
How to Apply
Please submit the requested information and materials below.
Cohen Healthcare Law Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender expression, national origin, marital status, physical disability, or mental disability.
Mission: The mission of Legal Counsel is twofold:
(1) Provide legal strategies and solutions to the Firm’s clients, by adroitly handling initial Legal Strategy Session calls with clients, and subsequently drafting legal and regulatory strategy memos and transactional documents, as well as providing ongoing advice.
(2) Communicate with clients effectively—providing unparalleled value in terms of the advice, ever amplifying the client’s confidence, trust, and happiness with the Firm’s services, and continuously facilitating the sale of additional legal services that the client needs for their practice or business success.
Outcomes: Legal Counsel will:
(1) Successfully provide exceptional legal advice, handling about 5-15 Legal Strategy Sessions a week, and drafting follow-up written legal strategy memos and documents.
(2) Achieve an average conversion rate of at least 25% from clients doing the Legal Strategy Session to providing an advance for a deeper legal dive.
(3) Recommend and draft at least two policies and procedures, checklists or templates/samples/forms, or documents/systems a month to continuously refine and improve the Firm’s success (including the clarity of its legal advice and the efficiency of its operations).
Hiring & Reporting: The hire will initial be on a part-time contract basis and we will look to the possibility of part-time and, as circumstances allow, employment after certain milestones are achieved by each of the candidate and the Firm. The Legal Counsel reports directly to the Firm’s sole Equity Shareholder (Owner).
Professional Qualifications & Attributes:
You, the candidate, have the following qualifications:
- Member of the Bar, admitted to one or more states (ideally, including California, New York, or Washington, D.C.).
- At least 5 years of legal practice experience and substantive mastery of either:
- Healthcare law
- FDA & FTC law
- You were a high academic achiever at an ABA-accredited law school, with demonstrably top-notch legal research and writing skills. You are creative and analytical with the ability to think strategically and execute. You are quick and resourceful, yet thorough.
- You understand and are conscientious about the importance of capturing and budgeting your time to work within owner and client constraints.
- To the extent you have a book of business, you will bring it to the Firm and work to grow it within the Firm.
- You fit the Firm’s culture and values, which include the following core competencies:
- High confidence. You are unstoppable, with a can-do attitude.
- High positivity. You are relentlessly positive and enthusiastic.
- High commitment to success. You thrive at work and co-create an environment in which everyone prospers. You embody excellence.
- High commitment to clear communication. You demonstrate extraordinary communication skills, with high emotional intelligence along with intellectual ability.
- Enthusiasm about developing business. You enjoy cultivating professional relationships and leveraging opportunities to grow business.
- Superior work ethic.
- Highest professional and ethical standards.
- Demonstrated interest in personal development.
- Work tenacity (not a job hopper); seeking long-term, professional growth.
- Team oriented.
We are a boutique law firm, focused on the multi-trillion-dollar health & wellness industry. Our healthcare & FDA law practice is continually expanding, and we are open to growing in strategic, synergistic directions.
Our clients include: health technology companies, medical groups, medical spas, mobile medical app developers, telemedicine groups, wearable health tech manufacturers, and other health and wellness ventures and practices. Our legal services include regulatory issues, transactional/ corporate work, and dispute resolution. Our clients are national and international. We attract, mentor and retain the best healthcare, FDA & business lawyers. We create a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. We believe the trillion-dollar health and wellness industry will continue to expand and require intelligent and savvy navigators who can counsel clients through the legal and regulatory waters.
Our meetings and analytical memos are strategic and solution-based for the client. They are robustly thought through and clearly articulated, with practical compliance and business legal advice. Topics can include: fraud and abuse / Stark / anti-kickback; the corporate practice of medicine; regulation of dietary supplements, cosmetics, medical devices, and OTC & homeopathic drugs; and structures for healthcare ventures
Here are some reasons you may wish to consider joining us:
- Our practice areas are in high demand and the need will continue to expand. Sophisticated, nuanced expertise is required, which means a high entry barrier and, we believe, less competition and more opportunity as compared with other areas of law practice.
- We provide strategic legal counsel in an exciting area of law that touches all aspects of our lives, is futuristic, and will only become more important to humanity in coming years.
- We create a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. (Notice confidence, positive energy, commitment to success, clear communication, and enthusiasm are required.)
- We believe in quality of life.
- The bulk of our client work is done by telecommunication. As such we are open to a Legal Counsel who lives in a metropolis other than our current headquarters in Northern California.
- We are not a “grind them out” law firm. We believe in work-life balance.
- We will negotiate a flexible compensation arrangement with the right person.
- We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all other employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, handicap, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To Apply: Please submit an application below with:
- Your full name, email and cell phone number.
- Your Linked In profile.
- Up to 12 paragraphs responding specifically to this Job Description and why this is an attractive possibility for you.
- Please spell your name backwards in the Subject Line so we can verify your attention to detail.
If we sense a potential fit, then prior to considering an interview, we will ask you to complete a Questionnaire, so that we can get a better sense of you.
Please only contact us as requested in this Job Description. A critical part of our application process is ensuring applicants follow our process. Thank you.