The Sales Associate’s primary goal is to conduct consultations with prospective new clients (“PNCs”) and convert: (1) PNCs into Clients, and (2) Clients into returning Clients who provide recurring revenue through Advances.
The Sales Associate reports to Owner/Client Development Manager with respect to all professional activities.
The Sales Associate has authority to speak with PNCs and Clients, consistent with the policies and procedures of the Firm, and under the supervision of the Owner and the Client Development Manager.
- Manage the Sales Department:
- Imagine, Develop, Deploy, and Test Sales Strategies.
- Monitor sales metrics and measures progress and growth.
- Teach the Team to treat leads as if made of gold and work to maximize return on investment (ROI) on the cost of every lead.
- Protect the Firm from taking on low-quality clients and unprofitable causes.
- Manage the Sales Process: The Sales Associate will conduct in-depth, in-person, and telephonic meetings with PNCs. During these meetings the Sales Associate will:
- Follow firm prescribed guidelines on how to communicate with PNCs in the most effective manner. This includes handling objections, ensuring that those who do not hire the Firm are left with an action plan for future hire or contact, picking up the Office phone, even if part-time, whenever it rings, and returning calls, emails and other communications immediately.
- Collect information about the PNCs and the matters for which they are seeking the Firm’s help.
- Assure the PNCs that the Firm’s attorneys and staff will be able to help them, assuming the PNCs are a good fit for the Firm according to the Firm’s criteria.
- Show compassion for their troubles.
- Provide a general description of the Firm’s services in the area that the PNC needs help.
- Facilitate Engagement of the Firm: In accord with the ethical rules governing lawyers, the Sales Associate will not provide legal advice, quote a fee or estimate in any way that violates the Firm’s policies, or enter into an engagement with a client. Rather, the Sales Associate will prepare prospective clients for entering into an engagement with the Owner or other designated attorney.
- Maintain Records: The Sales Associate will keep detailed records about the number of PNCs that contact the firm, the number that come in for initial consultations, and the number that actually engage the firm.
- Follow Up Zealously: The Sales Associate will stay in contact with PNCs that do not sign up after their initial consultation to keep the door open for them to come in when they are ready.
- Identify Opportunities: The Sales Associate will identify existing and new target markets and provides input on marketing to generate new and even better leads.
- Lead Continuous Improvement: The Sales Associate will streamline the sales process (including by developing checklists and procedures, and creating sales scripts, to ensure that the Client experience is beautiful and seamless).
- Track and Measure: The Sales Associate will track and evaluate and report all results.
The Sales Associate must be confident, articulate and comfortable representing the Firm while speaking with prospective new clients. The Sales Associate must be able to bring PNCs to the point of signing an engagement letter with the Firm.
The Sales Associate must be self-motivating and self-directed to achieve their professional goals and the Firm’s goals.
Education, Background, and Desired Personality Traits:
The Sales Associate should have at least two years of experience in sales of products or services. The Sales Associate should have education and/or work experience the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree.
The Sales Associate is an experienced inbound and outbound dialer who has consistently and persistently upsold a product or service. This person has upsold products or services and has that innate ability to ask that one extra question or offer one more unique competitive advantage that will help us sign up more clients. They don’t know how to take “no” for an answer.
This is a person who will dial the phone at least 100 times per day and not even break a sweat doing it! This person will be our team “rabbit” and set the pace every day. Others on our team will aspire to keep up with him or her every day.
The Sales Associate is driven to succeed and committed to fast growth; has a positive, mindset, and helps the Owner increase organizational efficiencies in selling the Firm’s legal services. The Sales Associate’s objective should be to increase ROI (in terms of new business closed or other quantifiable results).
The Sales Associate values the opportunity for longevity and growth with a company. This person is passionate; has hobbies and interests.
Ideally this person knows Customer Relations Management (CRM) software (especially Clio Grow), has a positive view of the legal industry, and adapts to firm culture. Also, the Sales Associate has empathy and is an expert at building rapport. Telling a PNC “I’m sorry this happened to you” or “I can’t imagine what you must be going through” in an empathetic tone can make or break the sale.
When PNCs call for legal help, they’re often through an emotionally or financially critical and difficult period. The Sales Associate provides the ultimate contact experience. It requires the right combination of telephone skills, empathy and ability to investigate to the root of the legal issues. This person creates memorable client experiences. He or she is confident on the phone, sets the tone and pace of the phone call, shows empathy, and treats a call Friday afternoon with the same care and compassion as Monday morning, demonstrates exceptional communication skills, and can handle the administrative side of intakes with ease.
We are a boutique law firm, focused on the multi-trillion-dollar health & wellness industry.
Our clients include: health technology companies, medical groups, medical spas, mobile medical app developers, telemedicine groups, wearable health tech manufacturers, and other health and wellness ventures and practices. Our legal services include regulatory issues, transactional/ corporate work, and dispute resolution. Our clients are national and international. We attract, mentor and retain the best healthcare, FDA & business lawyers. We create a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. We believe the trillion-dollar health and wellness industry will continue to expand and require intelligent and savvy navigators who can lead clients to build their dreams.
How to Apply
Please submit the requested information and materials below.
Cohen Healthcare Law Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender expression, national origin, marital status, physical disability, or mental disability.