Business Development / Sales Associate
We are a boutique law firm, focused on the multi-trillion-dollar health & wellness industry. Our clients include health technology companies, medical groups, medical spas, mobile medical app developers, telemedicine groups, wearable health tech manufacturers, and other health and wellness ventures and practices. Our legal services include regulatory issues, transactional/ corporate work, and dispute resolution. Our clients are national and international. We attract, mentor and retain the best healthcare, FDA & business lawyers. We create a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone gets excited about their practice, business development, and growth. We believe the trillion-dollar health and wellness industry will continue to expand and require intelligent and savvy navigators who can lead clients to build their dreams.
We’re looking for a Business Development / Sales Associate to join our Sales Team and help spearhead our further growth. We provide regular coaching and mentoring. This is an excellent opportunity to be a key member of our Team and enjoy unique career opportunities.
Base salary plus opportunity for bonuses. Also opportunity for some telecommuting.
More About the Role
Our marketing team provides the leads—you conduct intake and follow-up calls. Your goal is convert prospects into clients and clients into continuing clients.
The Business Development / Sales Associate will:
- Conduct phone meetings with prospects and clients and log data into Lexicata our CRM.
- Use the Firm’s robust guidelines and scripts to handle objections and help prospects and clients engage the Firm.
- Follow up zealously.
- Identify opportunities for sales and new target markets.
- Lead continuous improvement in the sales process.
- Track and measure results.
- Proven results in sales or meeting sales quotas, preferably in a law firm or similar setting.
- Must be confident, articulate and comfortable representing the Firm while speaking with leads and clients.
- Self-motivating and self-directed to achieve their professional goals and the Firm’s goals.
- Excellent Closer, great at building rapport.
- A. and above.
- Good with email and phone to nurture and develop relationships.
- Has a track record at upselling.
The Business Development / Sales Associate is an experienced inbound and outbound dialer who has consistently and persistently upsold a product or service. This person has upsold products or services and has that innate ability to ask that one extra question or offer one more Unique Competitive Advantage (UCA) that will help us sign up more clients. They don’t know how to take “no” for an answer.
The Business Development / Sales Associate is driven to succeed and committed to fast growth; has a positive, Rockstar mindset, and helps increase organizational efficiencies in selling the Firm’s legal services. The Business Development / Sales Associate’s objective should be to increase ROI (in terms of new business closed or other quantifiable results).
Ideally this person is a whiz at Customer Relations Management (CRM) software (especially Lexicata), has a positive view of the legal industry and its contribution to humanity, and adapts to firm culture. Also, the Business Development / Sales Associate has empathy and is an expert at building rapport.
The Business Development / Sales Associate provides the ultimate contact experience. It requires the right combination of telephone skills, empathy and ability to investigate to the root of the legal issues. Our Superhero creates memorable client experiences. He or she is confident on the phone, sets the tone and pace of the phone call, shows empathy and puts the lead or client during their difficult time, treats a call Friday afternoon with the same care and compassion as Monday morning, demonstrates exceptional communication skills, and can handle the administrative side of intakes with ease.
Write a cover letter responsive to the above. Please put your name backwards in the subject line.
Candidates should also answer the following questions:
- How many years of sales of products experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you in San Diego, CA?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Do you submit a cover letter as requested in the job description?
Cohen Healthcare Law Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, gender expression, national origin, marital status, physical disability, or mental disability.